Followers

Tabung tiket terbang

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Island Called Temasek Part 4: Day 2


Date: 25/12/2011
Location: Singapore

*


Continued from here...

**
1. My Singapore Tourist Pass, bought at City Hall MRT Station. 

What a cloudy day with strong wind and occasional rain. Not a beautiful day for photos, but it's ok.

2. Orchard Road. So here is where everybody went.
The place is extremely crowded with locals, tourists and foreign workers!

3. There were so many people that I did not have any chance to pose with the sculptures, and was not patient enough to wait though. 
4. Art works are everywhere, along the pedestrian walkway. And also trees are planted abundantly in the city centre, which I personally think a good way to keep the city temperature balanced.

5. Ok. I guess this would be enough. Toooo many people. That's it. 

6. Pigeons
By this time I was busy searching for a public phone booth because I need to make a call to my friend, since I did not activate international roaming on my phone. But seriously I could not find any!

7. Another sculptures

8. Another view of so many people!

9. Water feature in front of a shopping complex.

10. Overall look
The search for a public phone booth was not over yet. And suddenly I came across this project info.

11. Ever wonder why Singapore always build beautiful buildings? They have Facade Consultants!
By this time I was a little bit tired walking, and was resting my feet while my mind was busy trying to figure out how am I going to make a phone call to my friend. And suddenly, I saw the small building below!


12. Singapore Visitor Centre. Why picture look like this? Heheh. The answer is: I was sitting down. My camera is not wide angled and I forgot to use my phone (which has wider view) to snap. And I was too lazy to cross the road just to get the full building captured. Eheheh~
So I got in to borrow the phone, get some maps and ask for direction! Oh, don't worry about the staff. They are all very helpful!

*

A single call to my friend lead us to them. Where we promised to meet up at an MRT Station and next, we went to eat lah! So off we went to a Malay residential estate where we had our lunch there. I was charged with 'ringgit' term for the food, but with SGD currency lah. Cool~

13. This chapathi place was originally operated at Tanjong Pagar Railway Station. But since the station is now closed, all stalls are shifted to here. ('Friend', I need your help to name this place. Thank you. Heheh) 

14. Briyani dam with mutton. Unstoppable!

15. Stuffed Tosai (I guess)

16. My first time ever sate babat Singapore style

17. Singapore sate
Khalas. 

Now let's go to Kampung Glam. By feet. ;D

18. An old bicycle against a closed shop  leaning against the grille (fine Sepa!)

19. Poles. To tie up bicycles? *Wild guess. 
20. This pinkish purple wall is a buffer/screening for the residence from the road

21. A well divided pedestrian walkway

22. Based on my observations, pedestrians are well taken care of in Singapore. But not in all area. I have experienced when I was given the priority to cross the road (other vehicles even wait for us to pass), but there were also times when cars honked me while I was crossing the road. But in this picture, the van stopped in the middle of the road to let the old lady to cross first.

23. And...here we are. Sultan Mosque at Kampung Glam!

...to be continued...

~End of Part 4~

27 comments:

JD Jen said... [Reply]

Nice potosss!! ;)

Aku said... [Reply]

ada perigi kat pesiar kaki?

mesti perigi buta.. ada jin!

sepa said... [Reply]

woi Dino, komen kena tulis dlm English...!!!

*

I like the "An old bicycle against a closed shop"...
I thought the bike is leaning against the grill (gate), but it's standing adjacent to it.
err... is it Raleigh's.?!. I used to have one Raleigh's.

*

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@JD Jen

tengkiu beb!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Aku

jin banyak haritu!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@sepa

ngadelah ko! aku brokenkan english sebab dah maleh nak mikio lah. haha!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

friend to the rescue!
where's the picture of malay wedding?
high poles to hang bird cages, like flag raising ceremony ;) the enthusiasts sit and enjoy the birdie choir.
the makan shop is under a housing block at kelantan road, just beside rochor road, JB bus depot, sungei road flea market better known as Thieves' Market, beside madrasah aljunied, close to masjid sultan, arab street. Haha i am fond of describing locations. ask some more la ;) Oh ya also close to Mustafa Shopping Centre at serangoon road.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

at first, i wanted to wait 1hour 1minute later 12:12 to comment but that means must wait after midnight ;D
stuffed tosai = masala tosai. filling potatoes, my favourite :)

Anonymous said... [Reply]

hey i am unstoppable :D
i've never noticed the nice colour of the wall, pinkish purple. it's stamford primary school. i believe the only one in this quiet, old residential area. I like the picture of the old lady crossing the road.
ok. stop at three ;)

tasekM said... [Reply]

aku ingat utk pole dancing td...

keh keh.



.

Aku said... [Reply]

ok.... repeat comment in inglis..

i tot i saw an owl well..
i tot also it must have genies inside.



if genies come out, can ask ask numbers. no phone number. lucky numbers... keh keh keh

sepa said... [Reply]

Dino, i very very like your comment. so polite, contradict to mine, sarcastic. :)

how are u my friend.?

~::Chenta::~ said... [Reply]

awesome!

Akugumbira said... [Reply]

cantik gambar.. :)

DrSinga said... [Reply]

cantikkknya Singapura!!!!

saya jatuh cinta

Panglima Muda said... [Reply]

mengancam sate tu

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Anonymous

hey friend. thanks for saving my life! haha!

ok i think i should edit the captions by now. but now only i know...we skipped so many places eh? hahaha!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Anonymous

u know what...eating out with u guys was such an experience! hahaha!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Anonymous

but sayang sikit the sky wasn't blue kan. takpelah. i hope next round sky will be blue and can we to marina barrage siang2 next time? ngeeee~

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@tasekM

pole dancing utk burung kak. heh heh!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Aku

nak makan kentang putar betullllll.... hahaha!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@sepa

ko pulak aku tak bagi kentang putarrr ye.... keh!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@~::Chenta::~

thanks! :D

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Akugumbira

mekasihhhh~

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@DrSinga

jom!!!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Panglima Muda

mmg sodap pon!

Hamzah Lynna said... [Reply]

magnificient n simply gorgeous