Followers

Tabung tiket terbang

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Royal Malaysian Air Force Museum

Date: 29/1/2012
Location: Muzium TUDM, Sungai Besi RMAF Camp, Kuala Lumpur

At first, I saw a blogger friend published an entry of them going to the museum, thus it gave me some weekend activity idea with my family. Plus, fighting jets and I were common since I was 2 years old. Having a dad working in RMAF and us stayed in an RMAF Camp making the sights and sounds of fighting jets as something familiar, something part of us. 

Getting there was easy. Entry is free, just inform the guard at the guardhouse that you are going to the museum. Once allowed to be in, immediately you can see the museum entrance on your left. But..if the front gate of the museum is closed, just proceed to the back entrance using the small road. You can drive your way to the back entrance and park your car after the back gate.

1- Front gate was closed and luckily a Germany tourist told us that we can proceed to the back entry. 
2- Royal Malaysian Air Force familiar logo. I used to see a lot of it on my dad's uniform and hat.
3- Displayed aircraft at the outside. We can hop on them as we like.

It was quite a hot day so we decided to go into the hangar first. They are also jets displayed in the hangar, including the one my dad handled during his service with RMAF. The Aermacchi.


4- Inside Aermacchi cockpit

5- Some of the displayed aircrafts

6- Looking out
7- My parents and siblings

8- My dad can easily recall the name of this aircraft. I can't.
9- This helicopter is not used anymore

10- Another unused aircraft
11- Charlie. Why do I remember this one? Despite of being one of the most famous aircrafts of RMAF, I also had experience flying with Charlie from Kuantan to Alor Setar when I was 8. Cool. :)

12- View from inside

13- The cockpit. Rusts here and there, so be careful.

14- Can you see the rust?

15- View towards the back end


16- View towards passengers' space

17- The Amphibian

18- The wheels are big!
19- If I am not mistaken, this aircraft was used to fly VVIPs.

20- My bro getting close encounter with the aircraft

21- I am ready to fly this helicopter.

22- The day was getting hotter and my parents decided to take a rest at a gazebo nearby
23- Timber walkway, viewed from the gazebo

24- Another helicopter
25- Where It All Begins
Khalas.

I am planning to go again, perhaps alone or with some friends during a blue skied day, or at dawn or during blue hour if allowed, just to capture more views there.

The End.

16 comments:

Daddy Ziyyad said... [Reply]

Nak pergiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !

h4ni3 said... [Reply]

nak ikut jugak!
jom set date ;)

~::Chenta::~ said... [Reply]

Wahhhh ... u r really gain as a good shooter!!!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Daddy Ziyyad

jom!!!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@h4ni3

bila bila? :D

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@~::Chenta::~

woh, tengs babe! :)

Azian Elias said... [Reply]

teringat zaman bawak anak murid dulu... fun..

baby lydia said... [Reply]

klu buat photoshop 4 my wedding mesti cntik kn bunga??? :)

sepa said... [Reply]

ko tak gayat eh.?!

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@Azian Elias

kalau budak budak mesti buat playground je ni. :D

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@baby lydia

for wedding photoshoot mmg cantik. cuba pakai costume yg sesuai. ala2 nurse zaman perang ke? :D

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@sepa

aku lebih takut air dari takut tinggi. hihi~

miss candy said... [Reply]

awesome!!besnya GB..my son sure very exited klo dpt tgk bnda2 cmni.. btw i love pic no.6 ;)

gadisBunga said... [Reply]

@miss candy

boys mesti suke nyer tgk byk eroplen...sebab siap boleh main2 dalam tuh! :D

Hasrina said... [Reply]

gambar2 yang sangat cantik. anak buah sangat suka kapal terbang dan helikopter, kalau dapat bawak diorang pergi ni mesti sangat happy tapi jauhlah. kami kat utara

gadisBunga™ said... [Reply]

@Hasrina

sementara masih bukak ni, jom la melawat sekali.. :)