Followers

Tabung tiket terbang

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Charming Kota Kinabalu Part 4: Mountain Rest House & Kundasang Sunset (Updated)

Day 1: Part 4 (151011)

...continued from here...

We arrived at Mountain Resthouse just a few minutes before 4pm. In fact I already pre-booked a room about a month ago to avoid sleeping in places like umm...you name it! Huhuhu. But I was so surprised to learn that my booking was not registered! And my name was not even in the booking list! Woah...then I started to worry...

But luckily I was there before peak season so there were still rooms available. Because about in a week time from the day I arrived, Mount Kinabalu Climbathon 2011 will be held and all rooms will sure be full! Then I paid the deposit and started climbing up (yes...climbing...) to bring my backpack to my room.


1. While waiting to check-in
2. A little info

3. View from main hall
4. Let's climb up!

5. Breathtaking... :)


6



7

8. The corridor

9. View from my room. There are one double Decker bed and a single bed in this room. Cost is RM30 per night if I stay alone, or RM20 per night if shared. Bathroom and toilet is outside, but this is not a big matter if you are traveling alone or with friends who are okay with it.  

10. Another view

11. Breathtaking, isn't it? And oh...can you notice the change of level which has forced me to climb up to get to my room? :)

12. Then I performed jama' prayer and took a short nap before went out for food. 

Zzzzzzz...... But not too long after that we woke up and headed out. We can't waste the day by just resting in room while there are so many things to look for outside. Rest can wait. ;D

13. Typical highland Yellow lily. This type of lily can also be abundantly found in Cameron Highlands.  

14. Typical Hibiscus rosa-sinensis. 

Our resthouse are not very far away from the nearest restaurant. Just 500 meters away. Just opposite is Kinabalu Park entrance.



15. The son of the rest house owner

16. With temperature this cold, no wonder our stomachs began to scream. Then... food search began!

17. The menu

18. View from our table

19. Hubert and Justyle were discussing on which food to order
20. 'Accessories' for my hot coffee. Nyum! ;D
21. Justyle's fried noodle

22. Hubert's fried rice

23. My weird mixed tomyam. The first ever tomyam I've tasted with bunga kantan and bean sprouts inside! But taste good....!

24. Jane's rice with mushroom
25. Ahhh...fog started to conquer the view. Just a minute after this picture was taken, I barely saw nothing but fog!

After we finished our food, we decided to go to Kundasang Town to buy some bread maybe, for supper. 

26. It was 5:49pm. We stopped the car and crossed the road after we saw this breathtaking hues of sunset. 

27. I zoomed a bit...


28. The other side


29. And I envy people of Kundasang so much... :)

30. Jane and Justyle with the sunset view at the back. :)

31. Turned right before crossing. The road was empty but we must be very careful when crossing the road because vehicles might appear so suddenly!
32. And turned left... and run quick!

33. View from across the road.

34. 5:53pm. And the hues were getting brighter and wider. 
35. And getting more and more beautiful!

But we just moved on because it's getting darker and darker and colder. Until suddenly Jane screamed my name because of these...

36. Off-focused! I want the setting sun! 5:56pm...

37. And I could not get it right because the car was moving and the camera auto setting was already set itself for low light shot!

38. Then Hubert made a U-turn and started to find a good spot. I snapped this while the car was still moving.

39. The car stopped. We went out quick and ran (yes, ran!) to find a good spot to shoot for the amazing sunset! 5:57 pm and the sun was setting very quickly! I zoomed the farthest my camera can for this shot. And seriously I have no time left for manual setting anymore.

40. And I have to feel satisfied with just this... 5:58 pm. 

And the we waited until the sun set down completely. The whole place was so dark when we left. And we must be very....very careful because pickup trucks and lorries and cars can appear speeding so sudden especially from Kundasang town...

41. Signage at Kundasang town

42. The shop where I bought my supper bread and my 3 in 1 drink. No Gardenia bread can be found here. Huhuh~
43. I bought this bun. Tausa means red bean. :)

There were people still selling for fruits and fish and fresh flowers at the stalls at the roadside. But the whole area was so dark I barely saw nothing. I had a bad feeling...sort of...but not wishing to see anything bad happen. But shortly after that an accident happened, just a few meters away from us. Read here for more.

44. We went back to the rest house with some shiver. Part of it was because of the accident, and part of it was because of my naked feet in my shoes. So icy cold!

I need to recharge my camera and netbook battery and myself so I went out after prayer and started to boil some water, not knowing that I met a friend of mine there! What a coincident! He was up for training for the coming climbathon with his friends!

45. For rehydration

46. So many species of moths can be found here.

47. I spent some time updating stories with him and after my camera battery had fully charged, I went back to my room for a good icy night sleep. And owh, I had some problems charging my netbook... perhaps because of the cold temperature I guess? And as for my broadband...no Celcom signal can be found here so I could not update my blog.

...to be continued...

10 comments:

Eny Abdullah said... [Reply]

thats the challenge. sometimes i rather used auto mode and satisfy with the edited version than to miss the sunset/sunrise hehehe.. i love all the photos especially the screen licking food photos... :P

Nizam.Ariff said... [Reply]

Bilalah aku nak ke sana...
adik ipar aku asyiklah ajak (sementara dia duduk di sana, katanya)

Yunus Badawi said... [Reply]

Rasanya kami pun ke JW Trading tu masa nak beli barang di Kundasang tempoh hari.

Gambar mentari terbenam GB tu sungguh canteeek

Syed said... [Reply]

Wow! What a beautiful sunset!
SubhanAllah...

Murni Alfathunnisa said... [Reply]

owh..how i missed kundasang soooo much! :-) lovely photos of yours..

gadisBunga™ said... [Reply]

@Eny Abdullah

haaa kan? just plis dont go licking on your screen eh?? :p

gadisBunga™ said... [Reply]

@Nizam.Ariff

jom la wehhh...best woh! suh sepa join sekali!

gadisBunga™ said... [Reply]

@Yunus Badawi

tengkiu YB. beriya sungguh saya mengambik gambo tu walau bergegar gambonye. :D

gadisBunga™ said... [Reply]

@Syed

Subhanallah... :)

gadisBunga™ said... [Reply]

@Murni Alfathunnisa

thanks dear. I missed kundasang all the time! :)